Jan 17, 2012

2012.01.17 Retrospective. Indonesian Cremation Ceremony.

What an experience to witness a celebration of life and death in the northern beach town of Lovina in Bali. I inquired whether it was okay to photograph the cremation ceremony taking place on the public beach. I was grateful that the answer was yes. I was mesmerized and captivated in moment after moment after moment. You know that feeling when everywhere you look feels like the potential for a magical photograph, and yet you want to really BE there too? At some point I had to just put the camera down. It was an experience unlike any I had seen, smelled or heard - ever. Of course that was before I traveled to Varanasi.... Feel free to browse more images from this series.
2012.01.17 Retrospective. Cremation Ceremony. Bali, Indonesia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment