Jun 3, 2008

India in not so many words

Pictures speak more than a thousand words. While I haven't written yet about my 5 weeks in India, I've now posted nearly all of my slideshows. After Varanasi and Jantar Mantar I've added:
* Agra - a visit to the Agra Fort and Taj Mahal in some serious hot weather
* Delhi - Red Fort, Old Delhi and New Delhi (including the neighborhood where we stayed called Paharganj, which we fondly (or not so fondly) referred to as Pahar Grunge)
* McLeod Ganj - home of His Holiness the Dalai Lama and his government-in-exile, as well as lots of soul-searching hippies and volunteers working with Tibetan refugees
* Pahalgam - a moutain resort town (primarily Indian tourists) in Kashmir - the landscape looks like Alaska, the gypsies look like Afghanistanis

I arrived in the 70 degree Istanbul today (ahhhhhh, so refreshing) and so begins Phase Four of my journey...
Phase One - Fiji/New Zealand/Australia
Phase Two - "Asia light" (Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos)
Phase Three - the subcontinent of Nepal & India
Phase Four - Turkey/Eastern Europe (I think. Plans could always change.)

I hope summer is treating you well!

No comments:

Post a Comment